Meet Our Practitioners
We treat many conditions such as Hormonal issues, PCOS, PMS, Acne, Menopause, Digestive issues, Food Intolerances, Parasites, IBS, Crones, Colitis, Constipation, Bloating, Joint issues, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Brain and Memory issues, Insomnia, Anxiety, Detox and Weight loss, Heavy Metal Detox, etc.
Dr. Sarah Robinson, N.D.
Sarah Robinson began practicing as a Naturopathic Doctor after graduating from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2014.
As a Naturopathic Doctor focusing on health and wellness, she approaches every visit from the perspective of individualized care, using symptoms and previous diagnoses as indicators of where blockages to healing are occurring. She follows key Naturopathic concepts, including addressing the root cause of imbalance. This encourages the body to return to its natural state of auto-regulation, adaptation to challenge and self-healing.
Sarah uses an integration of eastern and western philosophies in her clinical practice, with emphasis on the connection between physical, emotional, mental and spiritual layers of health. She uses acupuncture, clinical nutrition, dietary and lifestyle approaches, botanical medicine, homeopathy and complex homeopathy, and detoxification and drainage. Sarah has taken extra certifications in Auricular and Bioenergetic Medicine, Craniosacral Therapy and Neurolinguistic Programming as therapeutic tools.
Dave Huff – Honours B.A., BAT, CBP, Par.BP
Dave is a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, PaRama Practitioner and BodyTalk Access Trainer. In 2010, Dave founded the Ontario BodyTalk Assocation and continues to consult as Chairperson Emeritus. A former member of the International BodyTalk Association’s Ethics Committee, Dave is highly respected for his support and contributions to the growth of BodyTalk.
From a very young age, Dave grew up with severe allergies and migraines for which traditional approaches provided no little to relief. As Dave’s corporate success grew, so did the responsibilities, fancy titles and stressors. Irritable Bowel Syndrome crept in, his spine was compressing and the allergies had spread to include foods.
Wei-Xiong (Victor) Cao
R. Ac, R. TCMP, RMT
Wei-Xiong (Victor) Cao is a Registered Acupuncturist, Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Registered Massage Therapist. He graduated from the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine in China.
Due to the great support from family (his grandfather was a very famous TCM doctor), he realized that his true calling was in Natural Medicine.
Inheriting two generations of TCM experience, Victor’s areas of expertise include Headache, Migraine, Hypertension, Palpitations, Insomnia, Dizziness & Vertigo, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Digestive Disorders – heartburn, epigastric pain / gastralgia, upset stomach, acid reflux, gastric hyperacidity, acute & chronic gastritis, peptic ulcers, gallstones, diarrhea and constipation, Women Health – menstrual cramps, irregular periods, amenorrhea, Climacteric Syndrome (Menopause) and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS),
In his spare time, Wei-Xiong (Victor) Cao enjoys practicing meditation. He has obtained many health benefits through the slow, controlled movements and meditative practice. He occasionally incorporates some of the movements of meditation as a treatment modality for his patients. When Victor is not practicing meditation, he enjoys reading some classical prescriptions and notes about traditional Chinese medicine experience passed down to him by his grandfather.
Nurse Practitioner, Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) Consultant
Arv began her nursing career in 2006, working in a large academic health and science centre in beautiful Vancouver, BC. She earned her Masters of Nurse Practitioner Degree in 2016 and immediately started expanding her horizons into functional medicine and integrative health. As a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, she specializes in integrative disease prevention by incorporating hormonal & metabolic balance into her clinical practice. She has studied Mastering the Protocols for Optimization of Hormone Replacement Therapy with the renowned BHRT expert Dr. Neal Rouzier, MD of WorldLink Medical.
Arv is a good standing member of WorldLink Medical and the TruBalance Healthcare Canada Physicians Network for Bioidentical Hormones. She has spent her career learning in a traditional context but integrating other paths to wellness into her own life.
Arv believes wellness is a unique & personal path and requires us to integrate multiple methods to restore balance and an individualized approach to health. She offers her patients the convenience of telemedicine consults via video conference with a very personalized approach to patients.
She now resides in Toronto, ON., and enjoys cycling, yoga, broadening her medical knowledge and the outdoors.
As a Registered Massage Therapist and Certified Matrix Repatterning Practitioner, I have worked in York Region since 2009. I am excited to join the excellent team of practitioners at Borealis. My training and passion for alternative healthcare is centered on two proven physical therapies that foster natural wellness: Massage Therapy and Matrix RepatterningTM (*). I also offer my clients the benefits of TheralaseTM Therapeutic Laser to reduce inflammation, decrease pain and accelerate healing when appropriate.
(*) Matrix RepatterningTM is a powerful but gentle modality that can help people recover from physical trauma – even chronic injuries can be treated successfully. If you are afflicted by pain and dysfunction due to a physical injury, Matrix Repatterning could be an effective treatment providing a lasting recovery.
For over 20 years Giovanna has placed her focus on answering one main question: what is the root cause of all dis-ease, and how can we truly heal – mentally, physically and spiritually?
BioEnergetic Medicine & Intolerance Elimination
After she completed her studies in homeopathy on 2009, immediately after she specialized in “Heart Health”. She was trained by Dr. Harry Eldwart renowned Naturopathic Doctor in America, with whom she became a certified Technician to operate a medical device called D.P.A., Digital Pulse Wave Analyzer. Since that time she has performed thousands of tests for early detection in heart disease, the number 1 killer around the world, and increasing number in US and Canada every year. She has become in a great educator for our Canadian community and successfully treated over 90% of her clientele using a natural combination of plant and mineral base ingredients to promote Nitric Oxide production in the human body to reverse heart disease. She wrote health related articles for the last 9 years in the Wellbeing health magazine that used to rich thousands of families every season.
The Secret to Maintaining Cardiovascular Health
Three 1998 Nobel Laureates, building on decades of scientific research, have identified the endothelium factor and linked it to the health and vascular age of your arteries, veins and capillaries.
What is the Endothelium?
It is a single layer of selectively permeable cells that line the entire cardiovascular system and exerts tremendous control over the flow of blood. Lumped together, the endothelium is the largest organ of the body, weighing as much as the liver.
Extraordinary new studies clearly indicate that endothelial damage is the trigger of current markers of vascular dysfunction, including plaque formation and inflammation.
The endothelium protects the integrity of the vascular system, providing a Teflon lining that prevents cells from sticking to our vascular walls. It accomplishes this through the production of Nitric Oxide (NO).
The Role of Nitric Oxide (NO)
As NO levels declines, so does endothelial function. As endothelial function declines, so does the elasticity and integrity of our vascular system. This continuous breakdown of the vascular system has tremendous ramifications on your health.
Just think about the capabilities of large arteries, medium sized arteries and our peripheral veins, the capillaries that carry nutrients to the furthest extremities of the body:
- Every 60 seconds, our vascular system distributes no less than 5 quarts of life sustaining blood, an extraordinary 1800 gallons per day.
- The vascular system also distributes oxygen from the lungs, nutrients from the intestines, hormones from the brain and glands and white blood cells, the foundation of the body’s ever-vigilant immune system.
- All waste is removed from the body and delivered to the liver and kidneys for breakdown and excretion.
- The vascular system can signal the blood to clot when there is a cut. It can control the diameter of the smallest capillary, increasing flow to muscles during exercise and decreasing flow to the skin when the body reacts to fear.
- The small vessels dilate and constrict to direct the flow. The large arteries respond to the hearts rhythm, expanding with each beat and relaxing between beats.
- Under microscopic observation, our vascular system reveals the effect of plaque in the arteries – quite literally blemishes that have earned the name arteriolosclerosis.
- A rupture or damage to the endothelium attracts the “bad cholesterol” (LDLC) which sticks and oxidizes and attracts white blood cells. This powerful army generated by the immune system engulfs oxidized cholesterol until, engorged, they swell into foam cells.
- If the endothelium does not recover, LDL-C and Foam Cells form a pustule, much like a pimple, which signals for more white blood cells and a powerful antioxidant, super oxide ion.
- When the abscess pops, it releases puss and causes a blood clot that can lead to heart attack or stroke.
- An aging vessel wall looks like skin scarred with acne!
Nobel Prize winning research shows us how we can restore endothelial function by boosting NO production.
Ask for this perfect cardio-formula at Natures Emporium.
- NO slows plaque growth and suppresses arteriosclerosis, keeping vessels pliable and elastic.
- NO reduces the stickiness of the endothelium and prevents white blood cells and platelets from clinging to the vessel wall.
- NO calms the cells flowing through the vessel and, thereby protects the vessel wall. Even when blood cholesterol is high, if the vessel is producing sufficient amounts of NO, the vessel will be protected from the development of plaque.
- NO melts away or shrinks plaque that is already there!
- NO regulates oxidative enzymes (ADMA) in the cell, preventing oxidation and the free radical damage it generates.
- NO has been shown to relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
This research notable of the coveted Nobel Prize in Medicine (1998) is changing the landscape of cardiovascular health and adding credibility to the right mix of nutritional supplements.
Are You At Risk?
With the availability of nutritional tools to stop and even reverse the progression of arteriolosclerosis, how can you assess the current health of your vascular system and, just as important, evaluate the effectiveness of your lifestyle changes?
This is the role of the Digital Pulse wave Analyzer. This exciting non-invasive, FDA approved technology is now available in an affordable, portable model and allows you to quickly and inexpensively take a snapshot of the cardiovascular system, evaluating:
- Pulse wave & Pulse Height
- Vascular Flexibility & Elasticity
- Hydration Levels
- Vascular Aging
- Response to lifestyle changes, including diet, dietary supplements and exercise
The Digital Pulse wave Analyzer is FDA and Health Canada approved and can provide early screening for
Key cardiovascular risk factors that can be evaluated by a specialist.